Sunshine Day background

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Still Blessed...

   I awoke this morning with my husband announcing some bad news - you know those mix-up type of things that you have to make a lot of phone calls and cut a lot of red-tape to sort out?  That kind of news:(  (Sigh!)    Not the best way to start off a busy Saturday.  It will get all sorted out one way or another, but until then, I know it may be a stressful thing to my hubby.   We are not sick and no one has died, so it is still not the worst news in the world, but it just one of life's little cares to my husband and I.

     I have prayed most of the day that the Lord will handle things in the way He sees fit.  I TRY to pray this for all things in my life, but I REALLY tried to leave it all in His capable hands today.  You know, it does work:)  I felt better and my spirit was lighter.  My worrier husband even reminded me,
with a smile, of a favorite verse:
 "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."  
 I Peter 5:7 
     Knowing that my husband can smile through our little storms lets me know that I, also, can smile and know that 
God is STILL in control.
     We went about our day today making preparations for our services tomorrow morning.  After the services, we are having the church back to our home for our annual summer bar-be-que.  It is always a highlight of our summer and we enjoy some great fellowship and FOOD, of course!
     Between Blessing and I, we worked all afternoon making: 2 chocolate cakes, sugar cookies, potato salad, garden salad, pasta salad, baked beans & patting out 50 hamburgers ready for the grill.  Loads more food will be brought and prepared tomorrow! YUM! The rest of the kids did not get away though - they cleaned the house while we cooked:)
"The family that cleans together....does not get sick together!!!!" LOL
     We are also having 4 house guests arriving tomorrow afternoon.  Our church is hosting a Coaching 4 Christ event this week.  We will do 3 days of Football Training Camp here in town.  It is a FREE ministry for the children.  We will be at the park for 2 hours Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday.  We have leafletted all over town this week inviting kids to attend.  These coaches are coming from Northern Ireland to give of their time and skills for our children - we are so excited about the week!
     With so much going on, there is just not time to have to worry about things that may or may not happen in the future.
God is STILL in control.
     With the house clean, the 5th load of laundry washing and all of the food prepared, my family headed to bed this evening.  Just as I began to climb into bed, my husband tells me of breaking news:

 ***A church bus full of 40 church members has flipped and crashed while on their way home from church camp!  The news has said that there are 3 confirmed dead and 26 taken to hospital, many critical.*** (please pray for these injured and their families / church!!!)

 WOW!  Just like that, our little life problems can seem so small and insignificant.  In a moment of complete disbelief and sorrow for this church and the families of the ones involved in this horrific accident, I am reminded that
God is STILL in control.  
     I cannot begin to imagine what this church family is facing and will face in the days and weeks to come, but I am thankful for a God who knows the future.  I am thankful for a Heavenly Father that cares about my tiny little "problems" and is also in control over every "life-altering" event.
     After a day of craziness, worry, a bit of stress and a lot of hard work, I am humbly reminded that, as my brother Tim said to me "This is not His first day on the job!"
 And GOD is STILL in control.
And I am STILL BLESSED!

2 comments:

Patti Curington said...

How many times has that statement come to mind for us all. It is so sad that through a tragedy of others, God gently reminds US that He is in control and we don't have it all that bad!

Unknown said...

You are so right. I was reminded of that the other day. I found out more details as well - it was the Youth Pastor and his 8month pregnant wife that was killed. The pastor's son! How many trips have we been on with the youth and came home safe?! So tragic but a serious reminder of how good we have it!