Sunshine Day background

Monday, November 04, 2013

Grace in Time of Need.... Brieanna day 1

Well, it has begun. That time of our children's lives that we have discussed and dreaded for almost 12 years. The days of doctors, surgeries and hospitals... the time is here. It is all starting today with my eldest baby, Brieanna Nicole.
We went to the hospital this afternoon and Brieanna was admitted. We met with her surgeon Mr. Jaffray and he explained the details of Brieanna's "laparoscopic reconstructive proctocolectomy and ileostomy." Whew!!  Plain speak, removal of the whole large bowel!  This will also include creating an internal pouch out of the small bowel and allowing it to heal while using an external pouch for about 6 weeks.   A second surgery will then reconnect it all.  Yes, the days of changing my child's life are here!!  It almost takes my breath away!!
These days of change and uncertainty bring with them some amazing blessings, however. I have felt the power of prayer on our family as never before. I have read letters, emails and facebook status' that have shown me the hearts of friends and family all over the world. The love and caring that had been poured out upon us even here on the first day of Brie's stay in the hospital has been amazing! 🙏
Humanly speaking, we always find ourselves drawn to those who share our common cares and concerns in this life. We are drawn to those who care about those we care about. As a mother I find myself more endeared to those who love my babies. My heart has been humbled and my mind blown by the friends God has put in our lives during this difficult time. I cannot express enough what it means to Andy and I that our friends have shown love and genuine caring for Brieanna. 
I thank God for His rich blessings each time I hear or read of someone praying for my (not so) little girl. I am thankful for each and every offer of help for Andy and I and our family. I am so very blessed to know these wonderful folks and my daughter is blessed to have such prayer warriors in her corner. 
From day one....still blessed!!!!

No comments: