Sunshine Day background

Friday, November 29, 2013

Still Blessed!

     I can honestly say that we have had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!!
     We have had our dear friends, the Cashner family, - missionaries serving in Tain, Scotland -  staying with us for the past two weeks and it has been like a healing balm for our family.  After 9 days in the hospital and the stress and worry of Brieanna's surgery and recovery, it has been nice to have a "distraction".  I mean that will all the love in my heart:)
     Brieanna (and ALL the other kids) has enjoyed having the Cashner boys (Kyle-13, Konner-11 and Kade-9) here in the house as well.  I truly believe it has taken her mind off of some of the discomfort and even embarrassment she has faced since the surgery.  If "Steve" (the stoma) makes any noises the boys all think it is so cool - even to the point of muting the TV so that they can hear it!  They find it hilarious and it has made Brie feel so good.  She is even getting around a bit better as well!  Her progress,while slow, has been encouraging to watch.  Each day there seems to be improvement.


     Bro Keith and Miss Kimmy have been like a brother and sister type of friend to Andy and I and we have enjoyed spending time with them just hanging out.  The laughs have been constant and the friendship deepened through these past days together.  We are very thankful that God has allowed these dear people to cross our pathway while in the service of the King.

     Thanksgiving Day was spent with 22 people piled into our home.  With our family and the Cashner's as well as two families from our church here in Carlisle, we had a full house, but it was so much fun!  The food was plenteous as was the fellowship.  I always enjoy our times with our church family but on special days, it seems all the more endearing.
     Over and over this weekend, I have thought of so many things for which I have to be thankful.  The list would go on and on were I to write it down.  I have so many dear friends all over the world, precious family scattered here and there and an amazing family of my own.  I am blessed beyond measure!
     Recently, we received a letter from an unsaved man who questioned our way of life.  He made reference to the fact that he cannot understand the way in which we live.  It was not a kind letter, and I will not go into all of the details, but it did take a bit of the wind out of my sails.  I sat in the hospital beside my ailing daughter and thought how cruel and thoughtless were the words.  Once my heart was still and I was quiet inside, God spoke in that voice that brings peace.  He reminded me that not everyone will understand my Christian walk.  He brought to mind the fact that we are a "peculiar people" loved of our Heavenly Father.  He reminded me how blessed I am to have a loving husband and 6 precious children.
     I have lovely friends all around the world for which I am extremely thankful. This Thanksgiving weekend, however, I have thought over and over how thankful I am for the family God has allowed Andy and I to have together!  Each child is unique and special and I could not imagine my world without them.  I am thankful for the genuine smile on Brieanna's face after weeks of pain and misery, I am thankful for Andrew, Blessing, Noah, Eli and Emily and their willingness to come together as a family and help each other when it is needed.  Andy and I love each other deeply and it is a joy to see our children display that love to one another.  Sure, they have their "sibling moments" but that is family and I am still thankful!
     Tonight as I think back on the past couple of months, I can honestly say that I am truly
S T I L L  B L E S S E D
by the mercies and wonders of the God we serve!


Happy Thanksgiving!


1 comment:

Patti Curington said...

Blessed just touches the hem of the garment. Love you!