Sunshine Day background

Friday, August 23, 2013

Camp Joy Day 3

Well, it has been a week, but I wanted to continue to share the memories of Camp Joy 2013.....
      On Tuesday, a close preacher friend of our, Kent Gossmeyer, said something that stuck with me all day on Wednesday.  He was telling us folks in the kitchen about a preacher friend of his and said how they had become close friends very shortly after meeting each other.  He said this preacher did many amazing things and he admired him even more for it.  The way he put it was

  "I like people who do hard things."

     Those 7 little words stuck with me all day on Wednesday as I watched the children and the Tent Leaders who took care of them all day (and night) long while at camp.  I thought, those words apply to how I feel about each of these special people who have given of their time, sleep, comforts and even money to be sure the children had a special week. They gave to be sure the children learned more about a God who created them and loves them more that they can imagine.  
     I found that although everyone was definitely showing signs of "wear and tear" from nights of sleeping in the cold tents and running all day in the fields and playing games, there was still a definite feeling of comradery among everyone.  I felt we were getting closer as the week went on and I found that I admired each of these folks more and more each day.  I agree, Kent....

"I like people who do hard things." too!!















No comments: