Sunshine Day background

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Camp Joy - Day 5 .... the final day:(


     Well, Friday is the final day of Camp Joy 2013.  The week went incredibly fast but so full of activity.  Today is the day the kids get to have their "Treasure Hunt".  Pastor Martin Wickens spend a good portion of one morning this week making cool looking treasure maps for the kids to use in the treasure hunt.  The only problem was....Friday morning came with LOADS OF RAIN!!! :(
     The hunt took place anyway, but the rain did make most of the clues quite soggy.  The kids still loved the activity and thoroughly enjoyed themselves - wet or dry!!
     Each of the kids were given certificates for the week stating the team they were on - Jumping Jaguars or Pouncing Panthers.  They also got certificates for the boy and girl campers of the week.  These children were chosen by their Tent Leaders because of their display of good character and good attitude throughout the week.  I have to say as a mother, I was thrilled to pieces that my AJ was chosen as the boy camper of the week!
     As a parent, you always think that your children are wonderful.
AJ and I have a special relationship and I think he is just a super sweet boy.  I know Andrew is my child and I naturally love him, but we are also very good friends and I think he is just as funny as can be!  Yes, I am partial:) We get along very well as friends, but most importantly, he has made me proud as his mother.  His tender heart and willing attitude has always made me proud.  Knowing that the Tent Leaders during the week of camp saw some of what I already know about AJ just made me more proud of him.  I am so thankful that now as a teenager, AJ still has a tender heart towards the things of God and his family and friends.  If you cannot tell.....I am one very proud mama!  Way to go AJ!!  I love you buddy!

     Well, finally we had to say goodbye.  I have to admit that even the folks that I did not know before Sunday night were hard to say goodbye to!  I love how a "cause" such as a children's church camp can bring perfect strangers together and bond them as friends.  Old and new friends alike, I will genuinely miss each of them.  My kids were made to feel special by each of the Tent Leaders and I am so thankful that they will have these good memories to take home with them.
     It is rare to find such wonderful friends as we have in the Gossmeyer, Wickens, and Ortiz Families.  It was a joy to finally meet the Vandenhurk family as well.  We also had the privilege of meeting Andrew, Sarah and Amanda as well as seeing Josh, Pastor Alan Campbell and Yohanas once again.  My cup runneth over with the blessing of such wonderful folks in mine and my family's lives.  Once more I am reminded how,  


thankful I am for Brimpton Baptist Church and the Camp Joy ministry each year.

No comments: